ANSWERED: How to Return Your Xfinity Equipment
How do I return my leased equipment back to Xfinity?
Visit our Digital Return Center at xfinity.com/returns and follow the on-screen instructions for the device you'd like to return to us. If you don't see your device, simply follow the return options below.
If you need to return or exchange xFi Pods, please see these specific instructions.
For help moving, just tell us a bit about your move at xfinity.com/moving and we'll take care of the rest so you can move in about a minute.
To see these instructions in a different language, see:
Simple Options to Return Xfinity EquipmentShould you need to return your rented equipment, there are four ways to do so:
Initiate your return online (recommended)
- Sign in and visit the Equipment Return page. (Note: You must have an active Xfinity profile to process your return online. If you don't, you can head directly to a UPS Store near you).
Already submitted a return request? You can track your return at the Pending Return Status page.
- Check off the device(s) you'd like to return and select Continue. When returning your device(s), check the serial number on the device to ensure that it matches your selection.
Note: If you're returning a TV Box, you can click Identify Device, which will send a signal to that specific TV and display an on-screen message to let you know that this is the correct TV Box.
- Choose a reason for return and press Continue.
- Select a return option, follow the listed instructions, and press Confirm.
Stop by a local UPS Store
- Visit theupsstore.com/tools/find-a-store to find a UPS Store near you.
- You may either bring your equipment to the store and a UPS representative will pack and ship your equipment back to us, or you may package the equipment yourself using a cardboard box and the prepaid UPS shipping label you printed at home.
- If a UPS Store representative packages the equipment for you, you will receive a physical receipt with your tracking number so that you can track the progress of your return at xfinity.com/returns or on UPS.com. Otherwise, you may reference the tracking number on the return label to monitor your package. Please allow up to two weeks for the return to process and your account to reflect these changes.
Stay in the Know: If you have an email address on file, you will also receive a confirmation email letting you know that the equipment was received and the date that the return was processed. Update your email address.
Visit us at a Comcast Service Center or Xfinity Store
- Find a Comcast Service Center or Xfinity Store location near you - we'd love to see you.
- Drop off your equipment at any Comcast Service Center or Xfinity Store. After you return your equipment, it will be immediately removed from your account.
- Our team at the Xfinity Store will provide you with a receipt confirming your return details.
Send your equipment back with a prepaid UPS shipping label
- Once you have followed the instructions online at xfinity.com/returns and confirmed the device(s) you are returning, choose UPS Prepaid Shipping. A prepaid shipping label will be prepared for you. Click Print Shipping Label to print the label for your package.
- Put the equipment being returned into its original box, and place your UPS prepaid shipping label on the outside. Keep the top portion of the label with the tracking number included, as this will be your receipt.
- Drop the package off anywhere that UPS shipments are accepted. Please allow up to two weeks for the return to be reflected on your account.
*If you have already contacted Comcast to disconnect your account and still need to return your equipment, you can use the Comcast Service Center/Xfinity Store or UPS Store drop-off options for your return.
Returning Equipment During COVID-19
In response to travel and safety concerns, we are making equipment returns even easier with free UPS at-home pickup. Visit our Digital Return Center and select the devices you would like to return. Then box up the equipment, print your UPS return label and call 1-800-PICK-UPS to schedule the pickup. As always, you can also package up your devices and hand them off to your local UPS driver or take them to a UPS store and they will package up your return for you. Be sure to visit theupsstore.com for the most up-to-date locations and store hours.
To return an Xfinity Mobile phone, visit xfinitymobile.com/myaccount, select the phone you wish to return, and follow the steps provided. After you package up your phone and secure the mailing label, call 1-800-GO-FEDEX, select the option I’m using a label, and follow the voice prompts. You can also drop off your boxed-up device with the attached return label at your nearest FedEx shipping center. For the most up-to-date locations and store hours, visit fedex.com. Learn more about returning other Xfinity Mobile devices.
Returning or Exchanging xFi PodsTo initiate a return or exchange, visit xfinity.com/xfipodsreturns. Once the return/exchange form is completed, you will receive an email confirmation with next steps on how to return the equipment, as well as details on how your refund or exchange will be processed.
Please note, you'll need to return your xFi Pods within 30 days to receive a full refund; however, xFi Pods can be exchanged within one year under the hardware warranty. Learn more about the limited warranty for Xfinity xFi Pods.
Need help with your xFi Pods? Check out these frequently asked questions about xFi Pods.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Solution.