ANSWERED: How to Link, Unlink, and Switch Between Multiple Xfinity Accounts
Need to link, unlink, or switch between your accounts? You can use your Xfinity ID to manage multiple accounts through Xfinity My Account online.
Linking enables you to use one Xfinity ID to manage multiple Xfinity accounts/addresses.
LINKING YOUR XFINITY ID TO AN ACCOUNT
You can link your Xfinity ID to an account by accepting an invitation from the account’s Primary user to join it. If you’re the Primary user, see How to Add and Invite Users to Your Xfinity Subscriber Account for details.
You’ll receive the invitation via email, SMS text message or both. If the personal email address or mobile number is the same one used on your Xfinity ID, you’ll be prompted with the option to link your accounts, or continue with creating a new profile. If the personal email address or mobile number is different from the one used on your Xfinity ID, you can still sign in with your password to link accounts.
Note: If you do not wish to link your accounts, choose Create a New Profile instead to create a separate Xfinity ID for your new account.
- Tap the Get Started button in the email or SMS invitation you received. You’ll be asked to enter the street address on the account you’re linking to.
- Tap the Link Accounts button and sign in with your existing Xfinity ID to link your accounts.
- If you choose to link your accounts by signing in with your existing Xfinity ID, you’ll be taken to a confirmation screen that will ask you to choose which account you’d like to start managing. Tap the circle next to your desired service address, then tap Go to My Account to be signed into the specified account.
Tip: If you’d like to set a preferred account to view every time, check the box next to "Remember this selection next time I sign in." before tapping Go to My Account.
LINKING TO AN ACCOUNT WITHOUT AN XFINITY ID
You can also link accounts that don’t yet have an Xfinity ID to your Xfinity ID in My Account.
- Open My Account online in your web browser.
- On the Settings page, click Linked Accounts under Account Details.
- Click the + Link Account option.
- You’ll be asked to provide information about the account you wish to link.
- As you type in your street address, the field will auto-populate. Find your address from the list of options provided.
- Once finished, you should receive a confirmation message that the accounts are now linked.
You can also view the accounts your Xfinity ID is linked to:
- Select Settings at the top of your My Account homepage.
- Select Linked Accounts (under Account Details).
Alternatively, you can click the account drop-down menu near the upper-right of any page on My Account ().
- To unlink from an account, select Edit next to the desired account, then select Unlink.
- You’ll be asked to confirm you’d like to unlink the account. Select Unlink Account to finish.
You can’t unlink from the account you’re currently viewing. After unlinking, you will no longer have access to Xfinity Services or My Account for that account.
To regain access, the primary user for the account will need to add you as a user. If there are no users left on the unlinked account, you can tap "Link Account" in the Linked Accounts section of Account Details on the Settings page, or go to xfinity.com/getstarted to re-add the unlinked account.
In addition, a primary user can unlink any secondary users from their account by selecting the option to Remove them from the Users view in My Account. See How to Remove an Xfinity ID for more information.
Switching Between Linked Accounts
If you have multiple Xfinity accounts that are linked to your Xfinity ID, there are a couple ways to switch between them.
HOW TO SWITCH BETWEEN YOUR ACCOUNTS IN THE XFINITY MY ACCOUNT SITE
- Sign in to My Account online.
- Click your account number near the top right of any page. Then, select the account you wish to see.
HOW TO SWITCH BETWEEN YOUR ACCOUNTS IN THE XFINITY MY ACCOUNT APP
- Sign in to the Xfinity My Account app on your mobile device.
Don’t have the app? Download the app for Apple or Android devices now.
- Upon sign-in, you’ll be prompted to select the account you would like to access. If you check the box for "Remember this selection the next time I sign in," your account selection will be saved for the next time you sign in.
- Once you’ve made your selection, you’ll be directed to the Overview screen for the selected account.
- Once signed in, you can switch accounts from the Account Information section on the home screen by selecting the right arrow > next to your name.
Or you can switch accounts by selecting the Settings icon on the top left hand corner of the Overview screen.
- Click Switch accounts to switch to one of your linked accounts.
- From the Account Information screen:
- From Settings:
- From the Account Information screen:
HOW TO SWITCH ACCOUNTS IN XFINITY XFI, THE XFINITY STREAM PORTAL, XFINITY HOME AND XFINITY MOBILE
Your primary account is displayed by default. To change the account selected in these apps, one option is to change your primary account. This can be done online via the Xfinity My Account website by selecting Manage or Link Accounts in the navigation bar displayed after clicking on your account number. Then, you can view all your accounts and choose a primary account you wish to set as a default across your Xfinity apps (Stream, xFi, Xfinity Home, etc.) by selecting the Make This Primary option.
For xFi and the Xfinity Stream portal, you’ll also be prompted to select your account when signing in. Select the account you’d like to access and click Continue to view that account. If you’d like to switch accounts later, you can sign out and then sign back in to pick another account.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.