ANSWERED: How to determine if you will be subject to Xfinity Early Termination Fees (ETF)
***Created by our Community Experts***
If you are under a contract and you need to cancel service, you may be subject to an early termination fee (ETF).
- If you move to a Comcast serviceable area, and transfer service, you are not charged.
- If you move to a Comcast serviceable area, and do not sign up for service, then the ETF would apply.
- If you move to a non-Comcast serviceable area, then the ETF does apply.
- If it is an active duty military deployment, then the ETF will be waived when you send documentation.
- If the account holder is deceased, the ETF will be waived upon receiving a death certificate or obituary.
- If you downgrade service, then the ETF will not apply.
- If you have a Double/Triple Play and remove all but one service, then the ETF will not apply.
Not sure if you are under a contract?
- Visit my.xfinity.com from your web browser and select the My Account tab.
- Sign in using your XFINITY username and password.
- Click the Settings tab.
- Click the Legal Agreements & Contract link under Account Details on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Click the View link to see more details about your contract and/or legal agreements with Comcast.