ANSWERED: How to determine if you will be subject to Xfinity Early Termination Fees (ETF)
***Created by our Community Experts***
If your Services are subject to a minimum term agreement, and you terminate all or any portion of the Services under the minimum term agreement before the end of the minimum term, you may be charged an early termination fee. Review your minimum term agreement for additional details.
- If you move to a Comcast serviceable area, and transfer service, you are not charged.
- If you move to a Comcast serviceable area, and do not sign up for service, then the ETF would apply.
- If you move to a non-Comcast serviceable area, then the ETF does apply.
- If it is an active duty military deployment, then the ETF will be waived when you send documentation.
- If the account holder is deceased, the ETF will be waived upon receiving a death certificate or obituary.
- If you downgrade service, then the ETF will not apply.
- If you have a Double/Triple Play and remove all but one service, then the ETF will not apply.
Not sure if you are under a contract?
Find Your Legal Agreements and Contract
To find the contract or legal agreement you're looking for, simply visit Legal Agreements and Contract. You may be directed to log in first.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.