Xfinity Support's profile

Official Employee

• 

60 Messages

Friday, August 11th, 2017 11:00 AM

Closed

ANSWERED: Got an Xfinity orange cable in your yard?

​ ​

​ ​

​***Created by our ​​ Community Experts​​***​​ ​

​ ​

​ ​

​ ​

​ ​

​ ​

​ ​

​ ​​Don't panic! A crazed Comcast technician hasn't lost his/her marbles. The line is known as a​​ ​​drop. ​​Temporary​​ ​​drops are typically orange. Techs will sometime run temporary drops so customers don't need to wait for service. The drops are not dangerous to touch, so if you need to move the drop it's fine to do so.​

​ ​

​ ​

​ ​

​ ​

​Temporary drops are usually buried by a special crew within 10 business days. The process may take longer in some cases, but it shouldn't be very much longer than a few weeks. If the ground is frozen where you live, Comcast won't be able to bury the drop until spring.​

​ ​

​ ​

​ ​

​The actual process of getting the drop buried will very by state. In some regions the crew will just lift up your sod, place the cable underneath and replace the sod. Other installations can be more complicated. For instance, if the crew needs to run your drop under a sidewalk or driveway. You may see flags and paint in your yard before the drop burial, those indicators are required by law so the bury crew does not come in contact with other underground utilities. There is no cost to you to replace/bury a drop and your yard will be restored to its original state once the drop is buried.​

​ ​

​ ​

​ ​

​Occasionally there is a mix up and Comcast forgets to bury the drop. If this has happened to you, please post in the​​ ​​Customer Service Forum​​. Title your post "​​There is an orange cable in my yard​​" or maybe "​​Please bury my drop​​". An actual Comcast employee will give you individual attention and make sure your drop gets buried. ​

​ ​

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
No Responses!
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here