ANSWERED: How to fix your Xfinity Internet connection using the Xfinity My Account App
Is your Internet not working? You can check its status, try to fix it yourself or request a call back from one of our agents for help - all on the Xfinity My Account app on your mobile device.
Download the App
Restart Your Device (Gateway/Modem)
Restarting your modem can fix a lot of common problems.
- When you open the app, tap Internet on the Overview screen.
- Choose the device that has technical issues.
- Tap Restart this device if you’re on an Apple device. If you’re on an Android device, tap the Troubleshoot option instead.
- It’ll take five to seven minutes to scan your system, restart your modem and check its performance. Tap Start Troubleshooting to start the scan.
- We’ll connect to your device for the scan.
- You’ll see the message: "Restarting your device should take less than 10 minutes. This will not erase any of your settings or change your Wi-Fi name or password. If you have XFINITY Voice, we won't restart until all in-progress calls are finished." Confirm that you’d like to restart by tapping Restart Device.
- After the restart begins, wait about 10 minutes, and then check to see if your Internet is working. If it’s fixed, tap Yes. If not, tap No.
- Tapping Yes will show: "Glad to hear it all worked out!" and a green confirmation checkmark.
Tapping No will show a few options for what to do next, including a page for common problems and solutions, tweeting us at @XfinitySupport on Twitter, or scheduling a call so we can help.
Common Problems and Solutions
Tap Common problems & solutions from either the screen above or the screen that shows your modem to see helpful frequently asked questions (FAQs).
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.