Your Xfinity Wireless Gateway broadcasts an additional “xfinitywifi” network signal, creating an extension of the Xfinity WiFi network right in your home.
We designed this feature for you and this service is completely separate from your secure, private home WiFi network and allows guests to sign in and connect without sharing your secure network password. Your Home Hotspot is included with your service at no additional charge.
To learn how to enable or disable your Xfinity WiFi Home Hotspot, please read the instructions below.
- Xfinity WiFi hotspots are available at no extra charge if you rent an Xfinity Gateway.
- Find your Gateway make and model by looking at the UPC seal located on the bottom or back of your device.
- We encourage you to keep the Xfinity WiFi Home Hotspot feature enabled, as it allows more people to enjoy the benefits of Xfinity WiFi.
Enable or Disable the Xfinity WiFi Home Hotspot Feature in Xfinity xFi
- Go to the Xfinity app (available to download for free from Apple App Store or Google Play).
- Sign into your account using your Xfinity ID and password.
- Select Connect.
- Select See Network.
- Scroll down to select Advanced Settings (under More).
- From there, select Xfinity WiFi Hotspot.
- Slide the toggle to the right to enable your public hotspot and to the left to disable it.
Enable or Disable the Xfinity WiFi Home Hotspot Feature in Your Account
- Go to customer.xfinity.com/#/settings/security/hotspot.
- Sign in to your account using your Xfinity ID and password.
- Click Turn Off or Turn On to disable or enable your public hotspot. (Note: This is turned on by default.)
- Confirm your selection.
- You'll see a confirmation message.
- If you're presented with information about Xfinity WiFi but don't see the option to Turn On or Turn Off, you have a device that is not eligible for this feature and is not broadcasting a public hotspot signal.
To learn more about the home hotspot feature, to find a hotspot near you, or to download the Xfinity WiFi Hotspots app, visit xfinity.com/wifi.