ANSWERED: How To Troubleshoot Your Home WiFi Network with XFINITY xFi
For tips on managing your home network, see personalizing your home network with xFi.
Restarting an xFi Gateway
If you are experiencing home WiFi connectivity issues, you can restart your gateway from the Overview tab of the Xfinity app, xFi website and Xfinity app on X1.
- In the Xfinity app, scroll down to Connection Trouble and select Restart Gateway.
- On the xFi website, scroll down to Troubleshooting and select Restart.
- In the Xfinity app on X1 select Restart Gateway from the main overview screen.
You can also restart your Gateway from the Account section of the Xfinity app and the More section of the xFi website.
- In the Xfinity app, tap the Person icon in the top-left corner of the screen > Plan Details > Restart Modem.
- On the xFi website, select More > Help, then select Restart next to Restart Your Gateway.
It can take up to 10 minutes to restart your gateway. During this time, you won't be able to use your home network, connect to the internet, or stream video on certain TV Boxes. If you have Xfinity Voice, you will not be able to make or receive calls, including emergency 911 calls, until your gateway is back online.
Troubleshooting a device
If you're having issues with one of the devices connected to your home network:
- Select that device from the Connect section of the xFi web portal or the WiFi tab of the Xfinity app.
- Scroll down on the device page and select Troubleshoot Device.
- Follow the prompts to determine what the issue may be and get tips on how to fix it.
The tool will run several health and diagnostic checks to assess whether the connectivity of the device is strong enough to support the function you are trying to perform (surfing the web, streaming video, etc.).
If the test reveals that there may be a problem with the connectivity of the device, you'll be given relevant troubleshooting tips to improve the connection and signal.
Note: The Troubleshoot a Device option is not available if you have xFi Pods on your account.
Using the Xfinity Assistant
The Xfinity Assistant provides personalized, guided help and solutions for repair, billing and account issues.
Simply visit the Overview page from the Xfinity app and select the speech bubble icon in the top-right corner to access the Xfinity Assistant.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.