Xfinity Support's profile

Official Employee

• 

63 Messages

Friday, December 29th, 2017 12:00 PM

Closed

ANSWERED: How do I log into my Xfinity provided Modem?

​Question​

​ ​

​How do I log into my Xfinity modem so I can manage my home network?​

​ ​

​ ​

​ ​

​Answer​

​ ​

​***Created by our​​ ​​Community Users***​

​ ​
    ​ ​
  1. ​With a computer, phone, or tablet that’s connected to your network, open a web browser and go to the Admin Tool at ​​http://10.0.0.1​​. If you’ve already changed your Admin Tool ID and password, log in with your information.​

​Pro tip: ​​This username and password aren’t the same as your WiFi name and password.​

​If you haven’t changed the username and password, log in with: ​
      ​ ​
    • ​Username: ​​admin​
    • ​ ​
    • ​Password: ​​password​ (case sensitive)

​If you changed your ID or password but don't remember it, you can do a​​ factory reset (See Factory Reset Note below)​​.​
      ​ ​
    • ​ ​
    ​ ​
  2. ​ ​
  3. ​Then, click ​​LOGIN​​.​
    ​Note: ​​Your screen might not look exactly like this - it depends on which gateway you have. But the steps are the same.​
  4. ​ ​
​ ​

​ ​

​ ​

​ ​

​ ​

​Factory Reset Note:​​  A factory reset restores your Gateway to its original default settings, including your WiFi name and password. A factory reset requires using a small object, such as a paper clip or pin, to hold in the ​​Reset button on the back of the Gateway for 30 seconds until all the LED lights power off. If prompted, you’ll be required to create a custom WiFi name and password and reconnect devices to your home network using this information.​

​ ​
Additional information about how to log into your Xfinity Modem can be found here, in the "Advanced Features: Restart With the Admin Tool" section. 
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
No Responses!
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here