rovenorth's profile

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, August 29th, 2023 6:40 PM

Closed

Xfinity website can't connect to my device and seems not to send a restart signal

When I view my devices on the Xfinity website, it says "we can't connect to your device." When I try to send a restart signal from the website as it suggests I should do, the process takes pretty much the full twelve minutes that the website suggests it will (as indicated by the blue bar), but the lights on my modem never go out and I lose internet connectivity for a few seconds at most at the start of the process and have internet connectivity for the remainder of the time. Furthermore, when the process is done, the website still says "we can't connect to your device."

Why is this? I am attempting to restart the modem because we are having landline voice quality issues. The wifi is working fine.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

1 year ago

Hello! I am sorry to hear about your issues with the equipment and your voice services. I can look into it and even send those signals for you. Can you please send a DM to XFINITY SUPPORT with your name and address for me?

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

@XfinityAnthonyT​ I do not know how to send a direct message, unless that's what I'm doing right now.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@rovenorth You can send a direct message with the following instructions: 

• Make sure you are signed in here in the Xfinity Forum. Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message" icon (square chat icon in the upper right corner of your screen next to the bell icon)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@rovenorth​ Hi. Did they resolve this for you? I'm having the same issue somewhat.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

Hi. Did they resolve this for you? I'm having the same issue somewhat.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here