U

Friday, September 29th, 2023 3:21 PM

Closed

Xfinity Voice No Dial tone even after modem SBV3202 reboot

Unable to get dial tone on Xfinity Voice.  

1. Did Reboot on Modem already and still no dial tone
  2. Followed the troubleshooting steps given in Xfinity https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/troubleshooting-no-dial-tone

Still no Dial tone.

Plugged in a working corded phone into different jacks in the house and no dial tone

3.  Plugged in the corded phone into TEL1 on the modem there is a dial tone.

I read in another forum by user_4d9cd8 No Dial Tone that they had to reprovision and then dial tone was fixed.  

Please advice on how to get that done.

Internet, TV are working is just the Xfinity Voice is not. 

3 Messages

1 year ago

I only realized about this - this week.   This no Xfinity Voice issue started back at min since Sept 16th as a call got redirected to Xfinity Voice mail box. 

3 Messages

1 year ago

Xfinity Tech came to the house and found that one of the wires on the outside was causing a short associated with one of the phone jacks in the house.  After disconnected that one all started to work. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_b51051 Thank you for letting us know! We are very glad the technician was able to get this fixed. We have also replied to you in the DM conversation we already had open.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here