timmy321's profile

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, January 19th, 2021 1:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity voice "landline" no longer works after new xfinity modem install

Hello - we swapped out our old modem for the new smaller, tall square white xfinity modem 3 days ago and noticed our landline phone is no longer working. There's no dial tone and outside calls are going straight to voicemail.  Everything is plugged in exactly the way it was prior to the switch.  Help!  Thanks in advance.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

It just needs to be re-provisioned

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

They re-provisioned the connection and it's still not working.  Any other ideas? 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I just went through the same thing. The solution for me was to activate my voice service on the xfinity app. When I tried to activate it a screen came up telling me to download the app even though it is already installed. Down at the bottom of that page I found a link to activate my voice service. It was not easy to spot, kind of hidden in some text at the bottom.

My new router came with no instructions so I had no idea I needed to activate my phone service. I had 3 different chats with support, none of them could identify the problem. I had to figure it out on my own. Good luck, I hope this helps you.

I am pretty disappointed with the lack of help from xfinity. No instructions with new equipment, no help from customer service, user unfriendly app.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you, I'll try this.  Fingers crossed. 

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

When I click on voice in my xfinity app it only takes me to "Your Xfinity Voice" and the options are "Voice and Data Modem" or "Outage Map."  There is nothing on the main page or under voice where the term "activate" comes into play.  I think ours is already activated.  Xfinity was supposed to call me but they never did.  Probably tried my landline which doesn't work!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here