T

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, February 25th, 2023 12:13 AM

Closed

Xfinity Landline VOIP Phone Has Echo

My modem/router was recently upgraded by Xfinity to the xFi Gateway (the tall white modem with no lights on the front). I have a phone line through Xfinity Voice, and ever since the upgrade, when I place a phone call, I can hear my own voice echo back to me.

I have tried 3 separate phones to ensure it was not an issue with the phone itself. I then tried these same phones on an old fashioned copper landline, and they all worked correctly.

I have Xfinity out to check out the issue, and they swapped the phone jack that I had been using. They also ran new cable from the nearest junction box to my house, into my house, and all the way to the modem, so I do not think that is the issue. Despite all of that, the issue persists.

Edit: Want to add, the echo does NOT happen if I receive an incoming call. Only when I place an outgoing call.

Any help would be appreciated.

Accepted Solution

Contributor

• 

127 Messages

1 year ago

Hello @theguitarman, thank you for reaching out to Xfinity through our Forums! We appreciate you creating a public post sharing your issue, and the steps you have already taken to resolve it. I am sorry to hear that after trying different phones, on different connections, and having a technician perform all of that work, your issues are still ongoing. 

We would like to take a closer look into this situation, and see if there is anything we can do to help. To get started, could you please send me a Direct Message with your first and last name, as well as your full and complete address? Here are the detailed steps to direct message us: 
 • Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the "Direct Message icon” (upper right corner of this page)
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

For anyone experiencing this issue, Xfinity was able to identify an issue on the main hub in my area, and they were quick to fix it. I did not need a new phone or new modem, the fix on their end appears to have resolved the issue. Thanks to Xfinity for getting this resolved!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here