U

Monday, May 20th, 2024 8:16 PM

Wrong outgoing name (CHARITY CALL) displaying in recipients' caller ID

I need this issue resolved asap. For my landline, the wrong name is displaying in the caller ID of persons I am calling. It is displaying as "CHARITY CALL" instead of my name. I have called numerous times and keep getting connected with agents offshore. All agents I have spoken to say they would not answer calls that say "CHARITY CALL" or relate to telemarketing. So obviously, this is causing a severe issue because people are not taking my calls. I need this resolved asap becasue I need to resolve business and personal issues related to the death of a family member and need to use my landline NOT my mobile phone. I need to be able to get my phone calls answered.

Official Employee

• 

919 Messages

24 days ago

Thank you for reaching out to us here @user_mathis. If you are still having that issue with the display name, I will be happy to look into that for you. Could you send us a direct message with the full name and complete address for your service? 

To send a direct message [private message]:

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here