RBN003's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

Sunday, April 12th, 2020 4:00 PM

Closed

Why does it take 30 days to port a phone number?

Why does it take 30 days to port a phone number? 

Accepted Solution

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

4 years ago

I know how to get Xfinity to do customer service!  Ask them NOT to do it.  I got tired of waiting almost a month so I called to terminate the port, then they ported it right after I asked them not to.  Now I have to wait on their non-help line for anoth 3 hrs trying to get that corrected.  This is insane what won't they do customer service?  Waste my time!  I read that their cheif in charge of customer service seems to support the non-service model.  Eventaully customers know it is a  waste and won't even try.  Oncde I get this fixed I will NEVER call them again.  It is their job to put stubbling blocks down.  I know people need to work to feed themselves and I feel sorry for these people that have to misbehave or get fired, but it still make me feel bad.

Contributor

• 

13 Messages

4 years ago

So, are you saying it takes 30 days from the time you order Voice to get a dial tone? No wonder I’m still waiting. At least you were warned. I had no idea it could take that long. Thanks!

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

It takes 3-5 business days. I’m not sure what you’re referring to

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

4 years ago

I called my orginal provider, thet said they have no problem.  They just need the request.  Thank you for the information you provided.  It tells me that one of the previous Xfinity agents lied to me about the duration of the port.  I will report her to ther manager.  Meanwhile, it appears also by your statement that Xfinity will comunicate the status o my request; yet they will still charge me.  I will report them to the CPUC.  Thank you, your insider information has been helpful for me moving forward.

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

4 years ago

I was on the phone with a actual Xfinity agent.  She told me it will take 30 days to port a number.  That is what I am talking about.  I started the port back in the middle of March, it still has not been done.  I will cancel the request later today.  Xfinity does not have the technology to port a number, it is like they have to climb poles and move wires like the old days. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

If the port has taken this long either your original provider didn’t release the number (that’s their right) or you moved somewhere where the number can’t be ported because of the rate center (911 concerns).

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

4 years ago

One more thing.  They won't port the number, but they are still charging me $10 per month.  That is criminal.

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

4 years ago

The incimpetance at Xfinity is amazing.  After texting the same information I had sent the last three time, they gave up after a 1 hour and 15 minutes.  Shoved me to a phone queue that is 1 hour 15 minute wai.  I bet you they will ask the same info again.  It is pure evil.  This must some kind of curel joke or maybe no one there knows anything.

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

4 years ago

I very close to getting the port terminated.  Then they hung up.  I cannot spend anoyjer 2 1/2 hours waiting.  I have no idea how to fix my problem.  It is lunacy.   Someone there must know how to use their system.  Maybe everyone retited and they hire high school students?  Well the CPUC states I must make an effort to give Xfinity a chance - I did that.  Now it is time to ramp it up.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

Did they give you a native (brand new) number instead? I escalated it up to an Official Employee to let you know exactly what’s going on with your port

Official Employee

• 

7K Messages

4 years ago

Hi RBN003. Thank you for visiting and posting on our Forum. I can assist with reviewing your account and the phone number port order. Please reach out to me via private message and include your full name so I can assist you. Also please tell in private message which phone company / carrier you are porting from. Thank you. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

We tried to get you help, thread closed. Good luck, you’re welcome

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

4 years ago

You did not try!  I tried!

Official Employee

• 

7K Messages

4 years ago

We're sorry you feel this way. Also, we apologize for any inconvenience and for causing any frustration. If the port request has been completed, and the phone number is ported to Comcast, and you want to user the other carrier, you will have to ask the other carrier to submit a port request to Comcast.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.  

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here