EB99's profile

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, July 29th, 2023 8:37 PM

Closed

voice modem stopped working

My VOIP service through Xfinity stopped working.  Message on phone says "check tel line".  Power light is on the voice modem.  Light next to power light is flashing.  No other lights are on.  All phones are charged and on the hook.  

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

1 year ago

... Light next to power light is flashing ...

If the "light next to power light" is the US/DS light and it's flashing, it means the modem has lost its connection to Comcast. 

Network connection problems are often due to poor coax connections or damaged coax cable, usually in or near your home. Running the cable through a surge protector, a defective splitter, or too many splitters can cause signal problems as well. If there is an amplifier in the line make sure it's getting power. 

If you want to troubleshoot this yourself, please see Internet Troubleshooting Tips. If you still need help or you'd rather have Comcast take care of it and an employee does not respond to your message here, call them at the phone number on your bill or 1-800-Comcast, or use one of the options on https://www.xfinity.com/support/contact-us/. It's not likely they can fix the problem remotely. If not, insist they send a tech out to identify the cause and correct it.

If the tech finds bad coax, splitters, amplifiers, or connections in your home (even if Comcast originally supplied them) you'll probably have to pay for the visit ($70-$100) unless you have their Service Protection Plan ( https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/service-protection-plan, closed to customers that don't already have it). If the trouble is due to a faulty Comcast rental device or anything outside your home you shouldn't be charged.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@BruceW​ 

Thanks, Bruce.  I will try checking the coax cables.  

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

More info - I have a Arris Surfboard SBV2402.  I tried rebooting several times and that did not fix the problem. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here