netskey's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

19 Messages

Saturday, October 21st, 2023 10:37 PM

Closed

Transferred Service lost landline phone number

Hello,

Always have had good service on this forum so I thought I would reach out about what I experienced today at Comcast store. I went in to transfer (internet,tv,landline phone) my service; moving to a new address 1 mile away from my current address. I was told I could not transfer my landline phone number and would need a new phone number.  Hhmmm, bummer because I have had the number for a very long time. Did I agree to a new number, yes, but I am regretting it, anything at all that can be done to retrieve this number? 
Thank you for any advice you can give me!

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

11 months ago

Thank you so much for confirming that information for us @netskey. If you only moved a mile away, you should be still in the same rate center. We'll be happy to check and see if your old phone number is still in our inventory however if it is not, then it has already been assigned to another line and we will be unable to retrieve it. Would you like for us to check and see?

Frequent Visitor

• 

19 Messages

@XfinityAlyssaA​ Hello, I did reply in the private chat. Thank you

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

11 months ago

Good evening @netskey, and thank you for reaching out on our Community Forums regarding your phone number concerns.  Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that the number can be retrieved. May I ask how far you moved? If you moved into another rate center, our system will not allow us to apply the old phone number. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

19 Messages

@XfinityAlyssaA​ Hi Alyssa, thank you for your response.  I moved less than a mile away, which I guess is another rate, bummer for me!

Thank you.

Annette

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

We'd be happy to check on your phone number @netskey, but in order to do so, we will need to get your account brought up which requires us to collect some sensitive information. To better assist, can you please send us a Direct Message with your first and last name along with the service address on the account?

To send a "Direct Message" ("Private") message: Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

We look forward to working with you further! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here