K

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, July 2nd, 2023 10:38 PM

Closed

Static

I have constant static and piping noise on every call I make and receive. I have restarted my modem and they have come out a gave me a new phone and modem. It was better before they came out here to replace. I believe my box outside is the problem. I have sat on that phone for hours and need someone to come out to help. Thanks

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

1 year ago

@Kathiequilts Thank you so much for your post for help with the noise you are hearing when using your home phone! I know any noise on the line can be distracting, to say the least, so let us see what we can do to help. This issue is most commonly caused by feedback from in-home phone wiring. Do you use the phone jacks in your walls or do you have a main phone unit that plugs into the modem with smaller satellite base units that plug into power in the other rooms? 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityAmandaB​ hi thanks for getting back to me. I have a main phone unit

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

The phone jack plugs into the modem & the the base in the phone plugs into a phone jack too

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Thank you for getting back to us with those details, @Kathiequilts! I know you've spent some time on the phone trying to get this resolved, but let's see what troubleshooting we can do with you before scheduling a Trouble Call (tech visit). Could you please send our team a direct message to get started?

To send a direct message:

• Ensure you are first signed in, then you will see a chat box icon at the top right of your page. Click that or follow this link here: https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
  • From there, click the 'New Message' icon. In the 'To' field, type 'Xfinity Support'.
  • Type your message in the text area that appears at the bottom of the window and hit enter to send. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond.

To expedite your request, we ask that you please include your name and the service address alongside a detailed summary of your request/question. Thank you!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here