U

Monday, May 27th, 2024 4:59 PM

Second Modem just for Voice Connection?

Hello, I recently purchased a Netgear modem router to replace my Xfinity Gateway. The new router does not have a landline connection, though I have a voice line and would like to keep it. I read elsewhere here on the forums that it’s possible to use a second modem just for voice, but at the Xfinity store I was told that wasn’t possible. Could someone please clarify this for me? If it is possible, what are the required steps? Thank you.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

3 months ago

user_5pe79t Hello there! Thank you for taking the time to reach out to our Community Forums Team. In some cases you could get a second modem for the phone line, but that can get a bit complicated. You could also rent one of our Xfinity Gateways that is compatible with a phone line. I'm not sure if you can return the modem, but you may be able to get a modem that is compatible with phone connections. Here is the link for the compatible modems. You will be looking for an EMTA. Please let me know if you have any other questions I may answer for you. 

https://www.xfinity.com/support/devices/#unauth

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.8K Messages

3 months ago

Also see the "All Compatible Devices" link near the bottom of of that page.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here