awangedhs's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, November 19th, 2023 10:21 PM

Closed

Problems Activating Voice Service; No dial tone

I'm having problems activating the Xfinity Voice service - already have Internet and Table service.

I requested a voice PIN via email yesterday but never received one - so requested one via USPS (scheduled to arrive in 5-8 days).  Also, I have a Netgear CM 2050V modem, and tried resetting several time, but the telephone light does not light, and I have no dial tone.  On the Netgear forum some users mentioned Xfinity has to trigger a "TN Provisioning"?

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

7 months ago

Thank you for meeting us in our community, @awangedhs! We are sorry to hear about the trouble activating your Xfinity Voice. Is Xfinity Voice a new service for your home, and just added on? Or was it previously on the account, and you are updating your modem? I can confirm your Netgear CM 2050V is a compatible modem for Xfinity.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

It is a new service, just added on.

Thanks

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

@awangedhs We can go ahead and run through some troubleshooting with you to see if we may get your Voice service activated. We did get your Direct Message, so we will continue there for now. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

It was great working with you to get the phone activated, @awangedhs! We are always here to help and are able to assist with all account needs if you have any future concerns. Feel free to reach out anytime!

For community knowledge, if you have a separate router from your modem it is best if you unplug the power to it while we provision the modem. The router can cause the signal to not process properly at the modem. Once we sent the provisioning signal with the router's power unplugged the phone service started working. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

2 Messages

4 months ago

My number port has not been posted yet and it's been 87 days 2 new phones over 60 chat reps and phone calls the advance team tier 3 and a trip to the store and no resolution as of yet. Been billed for phones and service I am yet to use . I asked for one line and one phone I have 3 lines and 3 phones I have never owned in my life on my account . Now I'm told that my level of Internet won't be able to access the WiFi hot spots and I couldn't get the affordable connectivity program because I was already a customer so I can't afford any of this yet there is no resolution in sight I don't know what to do at this point I've left several of these comments and they keep getting erased and gone so I don't know what to do

2 Messages

4 months ago

Please can someone help me

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_xchiby thanks for your comments. In the future it would be best to start your own public post. That way proper help will be provided. We appreciate you following our community guidelines. 

I presume these phones you are speaking about are with our Xfinity Mobile correct? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here