TwistedSin's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Thu, Aug 8, 2019 10:00 AM

Porting phone number

I had Xfinity Voice service installed on 7/30/19, and I was advised to allow 3 business days for the number to port/be ported.  As of today 8/8/19, I am able to make calls but not receive them.  When I called AT&T (the old provider) to cancel my remaining services with them, they are showing that the number has not yet been ported.

How much longer will this take?  I really don't want to have to pay two phone/internet bills, but I can't cancel with AT&T until this process is finished.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Responses

ComcastAlly

Official Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

2 y ago

TwistedSin, thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums! I'd love to have the opportunity to take a look at this further with you, I totally understand how important it is to have the phone service working properly. To get started, please send me a PM with your first and last name. Thank you! 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “Send a message.”

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

New to the Community?

Start Here