U

Sunday, September 8th, 2024 12:40 AM

Porting an Xfinity Voice number OUT to another carrier

I'm going with another network to provide home phone service.  The new carrier attempted to do this themselves, but it appears Xfinity did not respond to the request.  Now I'm being asked to contact Xfinity to dislodge the request.  How do I do this?  Who do I speak to?

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

11 days ago

Hi there, user_bvt2oi! Thanks for taking the time out of your day to get assistance with porting your number. You are at the right place for help! If you need to unlock your Xfinity Mobile phone so it can be used with another carrier, you can learn how to unlock it here.

From there you will need a security PIN

1. Sign in to your Xfinity Mobile account and go to the Devices tab.
2. Select the device associated with the phone number you want to transfer to a new carrier.
3. Scroll down the page to transfer your number, cancel this line.
4. Select Learn More.

Select an active line, so we can send you a text message with your security PIN. The same security PIN can be used to transfer any phone number on your Xfinity Mobile account. It will expire in 24 hours.

Once you tell your new carrier you're transferring a number from Xfinity Mobile, you don't have to call us to cancel. When activation with your new carrier is completed, we’ll automatically cancel your Xfinity Mobile service for that line.

Accepted Solution

2 Messages

5 days ago

Thanks!  I should have mentioned that it was an Xfinity Voice home line number (not a mobile device), but it has been resolved.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Thanks for circling back to let us (and the community) know the issue has been resolved, @user_bvt2oi! Feel free to leave an additional comment with any steps that were taken to reach that resolution, as I'm sure others in the forum would appreciate the insight :)

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here