L8Bloomr's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Friday, January 24th, 2020 6:00 PM

Closed

phone service to multiple handsets in different rooms.

How can I get phone service to multiple handsets in different rooms?  Or do I have to go to AT&T for that?

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

5 years ago

Back feed out of the modem to one phone jack and that feeds the others IF they’re wired together. If you’re not sure, you need a tech out to do it

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

5 years ago

One base phone plugged into your modem with other satellite phones scattered around your house. They aren’t hard to find.

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

By "satellite phones," I assume you mean cordless phones, but I'm trying to avoid the radiation from cordless as well as cell phones, and that is why I want to keep a corded landline with my existing corded phones plugged in to extension jacks in several rooms in my house.  I want to know if the Comcast voice service can replace that system and function like my AT&T landline, and if there's a way to get it to function during a power failure the way my current landline does (but cordless phones don't).

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

5 years ago

Bt "satellite phones," I assume you mean cordless phones, but I'm trying to avoid the radiation from cordless as well as cell phones, and that is why I want to keep a corded landline with my existing corded phones plugged in to extension jacks in several rooms in my house. I want to know if the Comcast voice service can replace that system and function like my AT&T landline, and if there's a way to get it to function during a power failure the way my current landline does (but cordless phones don't).

Why didn’t you say that to begin with? If you have working phone jacks with AT&T they’ll work with Comcast just the same. For power outages you need a modem with a back up battery.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/stay-connected-through-storms

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

How do you connect the extension phone jacks to the Comcast Xfinity system?

Would plugging one end of a phone cord into one of the wall jacks and the other end into the Comcast modem jack do the trick?  Someone from Comcast told me it would last night, but I will have to buy a new modem with a phone jack to find out.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

5 years ago

I am very familiar but unfortunately your posts have been short on information and I’m making sure that YOU know. Good luck

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Of course the extension lines are all connected to each other because they can all be connected to the same call at the same time---I guess you're not familiar with the way traditional phone extension lines work.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here