U

Tuesday, August 1st, 2023 3:55 PM

Closed

Phone number changed without permission

My 86-year-old mother has had that number for over 30 years. And now, it was switched without her permission. She depends on the number for doctor appointments and important family phone calls from the forum. I have read many people have had the same issue when is this going to be fixed?  This is a structural issue that Comcast needs to address.  It is not our fault.  My mother depends on that number to connect with the outside world.  If this company wants to be trusted as a utility, they need to protect their clients.  They do not.

Official Employee

• 

910 Messages

1 year ago

@user_ab78ad Thank you for creating a post on our Community Forums. I'm terribly sorry to hear that your mother is having trouble with her phone services, especially if they are the main method of contact. Our team can look further into this for you. If you are listed on the account as an authorized user, would you please send our team a direct message with your full name, account holder's name, and full address?

To send a Direct Message:

Ensure you are logged in

• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
    • As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
    • An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here