Annabelle2's profile

Contributor

• 

50 Messages

Saturday, July 20th, 2024 9:19 PM

Panasonic KXTGF975: Will It Work With My Modem?

I'm about to purchase a Panasonic KXTG975 cordless phone, and I've been told two conflicting statements. Someone at Best Buy says it will work with my modem without any problems, while someone at Panasonic says I might experience audio issues and possible call dropouts. Has anyone else been told that? One reason why I'm purchasing this phone is because it has lots of features for the sight challenged, including voice assistance, where it talks to you while you're programming the parameters to the settings of your choice. The main reason why I'm purchasing this phone is because I need to replace my Northwestern Bell Big Button Plus 20200 phone and my AT&T 1719 Digital Answering machine, as both are starting to fail and fall apart! I've had the Northwestern Bell Big Button Plus 20200 phone since 2001, as I purchased it from Lighthouse, a company based in New York City that sells products for the sight challenged, for $70, and I purchased the answering machine in 2005 from Amazon for $20. Both machines have long since been put out-of-print. Especially the phone, as Northwestern Bell is no longer in service. Unfortunately the phone has crackling audio, which actually sounds like there's a short in the components. As for the answering machine, the tip of the RJ11 cord that plugs into the wall came off, so the cord no longer stays securely plugged in. Worse still, the audio on the answering machine makes it sound like messages are being recorded under water with a 120-cycle hum in the background! Unfortunately there's not an easy way to repair those machines,, as I'm not even sure how a professional would be able to open them up. The nice thing about the Panasonic KXTG975 is that it has a built-in answering machine, which is probably better for my living situation, as I have limited counter space in a studio apartment. I bet if I plug it directly into my modem, it will sound like high quality, since if I plug it into the jack on the wall by the counter like I have my current setup at the moment, I get crosstalk from other phone lines, as my apartment complex switched to Centurylink approximately 5 years ago as they switched property management companies. As I have Comcast's phone service, that sounds strange that I would get crosstalk when plugged into the wall jack of my apartment, as they were originally wired for Comcast back in 2012 when I first moved in! And, I hope when I plug this new phone into my modem, I won't experience the audio issues that Panasonic representatives have mentioned.

No Responses!
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here