U

Saturday, June 1st, 2024 9:24 PM

Closed

No Dial Tone

All things remaining the same, installed a new modem today (plug and go simplicity) and now do not have a dial tone on my land line.  Made sure phones are all properly docked, with phone lines connected and fully charged, and ran the Troubleshooter many times  - still no dial tone.

5 Messages

4 months ago

Here it is, Sunday morning and I still have no dial tone/no working phone in the house.  After making this post and seeing that this is a common problem, as well as reading the responses from xfinity to direct message with all the ID info, there is still no dial tone.  I am currently without phone service since yesterday/Saturday noon.

5 Messages

4 months ago

It is now 2 full days and no dial tone/no phone.  I did direct message with the info that I have seen requested and no contact has been made/no response to my direct message attempts.  This is the only phone I have so I would appreciate it if this problem had some attention from the tech support people, as I have no 911 call capability and no contact from the outside regarding incoming messages or phone calls.

5 Messages

I am in contact now with tech support and hopefully this will be resolved soon.

Official Employee

• 

749 Messages

Thank you very much for taking the time to verify the account. Is the equipment connected to a splitter?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

4 months ago

@user_doa4mm, thank you so much for reaching out to us over our Xfinity Community Forums Page. I am happy to see that we were able to get your phone service working again. It looks like the new modem you was not provisioned for phone service. I am glad we were able to provisioned it for you and get you back with a working dial tone. Please do not hesitate to reach out for any question or concerns. 

5 Messages

Thank you again Roberto - everything works now.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here