H

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, July 8th, 2023 2:51 AM

Closed

No dial tone

I moved recently but my landline phone worked fine for a few days after the move and now has no dial tone. Cannot make or receive calls now. Phone is wired to Xfinity modem. The landline handsets are charged and being on or off the hook doesn’t make a difference. Modem has been restarted multiple times both through the Xfinity app and by unplugging and plugging it back in. The cables from the landline to the modem have been switched around and plugged into different phone ports on the modem and nothing has worked to fix the issue.

I’ve followed all the suggestions on Xfinity’s troubleshooting pages and have now come here for help. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

11 months ago

@Helen_W Thank you so much for posting about your no dial tone issue.  If you could send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you. To send a Direct Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a direct message.

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us: • Click "Sign In" if necessary • Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page) • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window • Press Enter to send your message

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here