U

Sunday, December 17th, 2023 5:59 PM

Closed

no dial tone (solved)

I have added Xfinity voice recently, but haven't been able to get a dial tone. I've been through all the suggestions on the no dial tone help/support page. My modem is an Arris SBV3202, and I DO have a router connected to it

I found a very similar situation, with it's solution here

For community knowledge, if you have a separate router from your modem it is best if you unplug the power to it while we provision the modem. The router can cause the signal to not process properly at the modem. Once we sent the provisioning signal with the router's power unplugged the phone service started working.

I'm hoping I can get a support tech to try sending the provisioning signal to my modem right after I disconnect my router.

Update:

I was able to chat with a support member and eventually solved the issue (required sending the provisioning signal TWICE for some reason)

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

6 months ago

I lost my dial tone on dec.14th,have gone through 4 chat box techs and no results, only BS, but no real response to the problem. I have many years of telephone equipment experience and I have identified the problem," a dead incoming cable, not energized and has no circuit conductivity" but no effort had been made to correct it.     It seems like Comcast is morphing into the India concept of customer service forcing customers to wait years for service, but demanding their money for NO SERVICE at the same time. Might be a good time to, look for another telephone service. I am 94 years old and disabled and I need telephone service and I am not getting it. from Comcast.net.

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

6 months ago

No dial tone, no money until I get dial tone.

Official Employee

• 

680 Messages

@bud12345 My team can definitely help you with your dial tone issues today. To send a direct message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, and select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a Direct Message. 
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here