rdlm's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Monday, August 26th, 2024 9:38 PM

No access to any Voice features, including Voicemail (app and web)

I ported my landline to Xfinity Voice about a week ago. Since activation, phone calls work fine (incoming and outgoing) but I've had no access to the settings for Voice features (voicemail, call forwarding, etc) via the app nor the website. 

In the iPhone app, there is no indication that I own the Voice feature. There is no "Voice" icon, and Voice is not listed in the "Services" menu. Both Internet and TV are listed (I've had those services for a long time), but not Voice.

On the website, the only indication that I subscribe to Voice is a menu under my profile icon (top right) for Voicemail, but when I click on that, I get the following error:

I've talked with support 5 times (a total of 9 support people) over the past week -- with no resolution. In the last call, they talked with Level 3 support, and I was told this is a known issue with no ETA. I see many posts about an issue where the site keeps demanding a PIN, but my symptoms are different. I'm being told it's the same issue, but I've been told so much bad info over the past week that I'm skeptical. And it looks like that issue has been happening for over a month, which is not a good sign.

Other potential hint: I have Xfinity services at two addresses associated with the same account (email/password). When I log in, I select which address I want access to. One support person was convinced their systems were getting confused between the two properties -- only one of which has Voice. He had me talk with Customer Security Assurance to have then split the accounts apart. But when I talked to them, they declined to do so, said this isn't the problem, and routed me back yet again to basic support...

Is anyone else experiencing my symptoms? Any Xfinity experts who can confirm it is -- or is not -- the same issue?

Accepted Solution

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

17 days ago

With the help of the employees monitoring this forum, I got escalated to Advanced Tech Support — who were able to resolve my issue. Thank you!

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

So glad that everything is working properly for you again. If you need anything else please feel free to reach back out. Enjoy the rest of your evening. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

19 days ago

Hello rdlm thank you for taking the time and relaying your experience with the Xfinity Voice features online. We're glad the core services are working great, and yes there have been a number of known issues with the Xfinity Connect website we are working on right now. The 2 accounts scenario shouldn't matter that much as when in the app it shows you what services you're subscribed to based on the selected location. Is this error happening on all web browsers, and also when in incognito mode? 

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

In the iphone app, I get no Voice features at all. And Voice is not listed in the "Services" menu at all. 

On the web, I've tried multiple browsers on multiple computers, all with the same issue of no settings available and "Check Voicemail" displaying the error message I included in my original post. I've tried Win11 w/ Chrome, Win11 w/ Edge, Mac w/ Safari, and iPhone 13 Pro w/ Safari.

I had not tried Incognito mode yet, so did so now. Incognito yielded a different failure, and further testing shows that the actual failure has changed in the last ~24 hours -- independent of browser and whether I'm using Incognito mode or not.

New behavior (in the past ~24 hours):

Whenever I log in, the site always defaults me to the "other" physical address, so I need to do a "switch account". But the "switch account" used to work and now it hangs after selecting the other address. The browser shows it's stuck doing a redirect, with a url of https://polaris.xfinity.com/token#access_token=<lots of random characters>. If I reload the page by explicitly going to xfinity.com, I can see the account did in fact change. I've tried multiple browsers, with and without incognito, and they all show this new bug (it used to work fine).

Now, once I am on the new account I'm getting a different error than before. While I used to get "Sorry, but something went wrong", I now get an Xfinity Voice advertisement. It looks like the forum won't let me attach a screenshot to this comment, so I'll copy the text (a grey screen with a white box w/ text):

Xfinity Voice

Talk as long as you want with local and long-distance home phone service.

Enjoy unlimited nationwide calling and service that's rated #1.
Plus, Xfinity Voice integrates with your TV and computer for ultimate control and flexibility. Additional fees may apply.

[Button: Learn more about Xfinity Voice]

And if I click on the Learn More button, it takes me to info pages trying to sell me the service I already have.

As with my other testing, I've duplicated this NEW behavior on multiple browsers on multiple computers.

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Now the site is letting me upload a new image, so attaching here...

Official Employee

• 

724 Messages

Have you tried clearing your cache and cookies yet?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Yes, I've tried clearing cache and cookies -- many times. And at least one of the computer/browser combinations (if not two) has never been used to access Xfinity before.

Note: Every time I call support, they insist I reboot my modem and clear my cache, even though I've told them the incident / debug history -- and that Level 3 support has agreed this is a back-end problem.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

724 Messages

rdlm OK, I would like to look into the account. Can you please send us a DM. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums' page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here