sk00ter's profile

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

Friday, May 12th, 2023 1:16 PM

Closed

New c7100v Modem/Voice Activate/Setup Questions

I am currently using a Netgear c7000v2 Cable Modem/Router.  I have internet only and my curren plan is CONNECT MORE 200Mbps DOWN
10Mbps UP and auto-pay.  I bought a new Netgear C7100V Cable Modem/Router/Voice.  Its essentially the same modem as the c7000v2 except that it has Voice(Tel 1 Tel 2).  I want to add the XFINITY VOICE UNLIMITED SAVER PLAN and most likely would want to lower my Internet Plan to the CONNECT Plan 75D/10U to offset the cost of the Voice Plan.  The Connect plan would fit my needs as I do not need super speed now or in the future.  I don't want a TV plan either, just internete and phone.

Now I have several questions about Activating the new modem etc. if any of you knowledgable users would care to elaborate on.  And sorry if these get long because I want to make sure I give you the full information.

1)  I want to install and activate the modem soon(next week).  However I do NOT want to port my POTS landline current phone number over nor do I   want to use the phone for a couple of weeks.  In other words I want to activate the modem   then in about 2 weeks add Voice and ask xfiinity to port my number over.

a) When I call to activate the modem do they activate the phone Tel 1 but not bill for it UNTIL I port my number over and actually start using          it? (that is, the Tel 1 Jack is alive but not in use.  No dialtone...then when I call xfinity to port my number over the line becomes ready to use)

b) Or should I just activate the modem and do NOTHING about voice Tel 1 until I want to port my number over and start using the phone?(that is, Tel1 Jack dead until I call xfinity back and add Voice to my account)

2) Based on whats mentioned above, when I call xfinity should I tell them that I want to 1)-activate the modem  2)-change plan to Connect and 3)-Add Voice.     And tell them I do NOT want a phone number and I will call them back in 2 weeks to have them start the porting of my current line to my xfinity voice? or will they just not do anything about Tel1 port(leave it dead) until I actually call back to port my number to them?

3) Lastly what are good phone numbers to call for Activation of Modem and to      change plan?  I don't have a cellphone so I cannot use the app.  The url xfinity.com/activate do have phone numbers.

Thanks for reading and any suggestions or comments you may offer.
......Sk00ter

Accepted Solution

Problem Solver

• 

1.1K Messages

1 year ago

@sk00ter Thank you for reaching out to the Digital Care Team. We are happy to help you through this thread anytime, or you can call 1-800-XFINITY. These are all great questions! Let's go through them. Overall you can activate the modem whenever you want. You will not be billed for phone until it is added. Once it is added, you are automatically assigned a phone number, but can port yours over when you are ready (takes about one week after the request). You are not required to physically use the phone at any point until you are ready. 

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

@XfinityHeather​ Thank you for your time and help.

Problem Solver

• 

729 Messages

Our pleasure! Let us know if you have any other questions we can help you with! 

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here