Deltabreeze's profile

Contributor

• 

35 Messages

Sunday, August 1st, 2021 12:30 PM

Closed

Modem

Hello

I have an odd situation that maybe someone out there can assist me with.  Within the past few weeks I have been having problems with my house phone and incoming calls.  I can see the caller ID on the tv but there is a six second delay when my house phone actually rings.  When I look at my Xfinity app, sometimes it will say modem not connected yet I have still use my house phone and internet.  When I log out of the app and come back into it, it will show connected.  Just don't see how it can be my house phones when they're brand new as of April this year.  Could it still be a bad modem even though I just got it in June?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Official Employee

• 

746 Messages

3 years ago

Hi @Deltabreeze, thank you for reaching out to us on Xfinity Forums.  I know how upsetting it can be when things don't work as expected. Have  you tried to troubleshoot  the modem from the app to see if it would  sync better? 

Contributor

• 

35 Messages

@XfinityAshley Yes, and I have even unplugged the modem I don't know how many times. Truly believe it's a modem issue even though it shows it's working.

Problem Solver

• 

574 Messages

Gotcha! Have you sent a signal to the modem from the Xfinity My Account app by any chance? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Contributor

• 

35 Messages

yes, I have multiple times.  The problem didn't happen until I got the new modem.  I have even tried another phone cord from the modem to my landline phone and there is still a delay from when I see the caller ID on my tv to when the phone actually rings.

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

@Deltabreeze Understood. Let's take a closer look at the equipment then. Please select the chat icon in the top right-hand corner. Then search for Xfinity Support. Please make sure to provide your full name and service address.

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here