U

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Friday, April 9th, 2021 3:49 AM

Closed

landline phone

I have the triple service (phone, internet and cable).  The modem is a Netgear C3700.  How do I connect a landline phone? It is actually an antique phone with a modular phone jack.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

3 years ago

The C3700 is a combination modem/router device which does not support Comcast's Voice home phone service. See https://www.xfinity.com/support/devices/ and be sure to check the "Voice/Telephone enabled" box. You'd need to replace the C3700 with a Voice compatible unit.

The phone jacks on compatible devices provide a POTS (analog "Plain Old Telephone Service") interface to the telephone(s) in your home. Your phone should work for incoming calls, but if it uses rotary (pulse) dialing you probably will not be able to use it to make calls without a pulse-to-tone converter. In that case you might find a gadget like the "DialGizmo" device described in https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/home-phone-service-equipment/can-receive-phone-calls-on-rotary-dial-phone-but-cannot-dial-out/602dad38c5375f08cdbe5ef7?commentId=602daf27c5375f08cd0298bc#M6084 helpful.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I also pay for triple play new issue I just got a new modem from Comast 2 days ago but now only the 1 landline that is plugged into that modem works, the main phone /landline in the other room which is plugged into same jack as past 10 years and worked with last modem no longer has dial tone but should - how to resolve? 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

3 years ago

now only the 1 landline that is plugged into that modem works

If you want all the wall jacks in your home to work, you need to connect the working jack on the modem or gateway to the nearest wall jack. If you want to hook up a phone in that same room, you need a line splitter to provide the extra jack.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Thanks Bruce for reply.   Both wall jacks in my home worked past several years with other modem, new modem just replaced now plugged in exact same way -is and was conntected to nearest wall jack & reason the phone in that room that is also connected to the modem worked before and works now. Issue is landline in other room no longer works - assume obvious issue to be with new modem & unclear why it does not resume connection to landline in other room since is excact same connection. 

Official Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

Hello and thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on our Xfinity Forums. I definitely understand the concern if you made sure when you swapped modems that the phone line connection remained the same. I would love to look into this further and see how we can assist with resolving this. Please send us a private message with your name and service address to Xfinity Support by clicking the chat icon at the top right of the page.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Nevermind and thank you Bruce for your time, I was able to resolve my issue in last resort by simply pulling out phone plug from wall and plugged it right back in, I had done that but only with non working jack  -both work now THANKS.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

@user_165bb8, happy to hear that unplugging the phone plug from the wall did the trick! Glad you were able to take a closer look and confirm that the issue was a non working jack. If anything else comes up, please don't hesitate to reach out at any time. The amazing part of our Digital Care Team is that we're available for you 24/7! I hope you enjoy the rest of your week and stay safe. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here