Monday, June 5th, 2023 12:14 AM

Closed

Landline number change

I accidentally changed my landline phone number how can I get my old one back

Problem Solver

• 

909 Messages

1 year ago

@Gialvr   Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us about your phone line. I know it's  important to keep your phone, especially if you've had it for a while. Was the phone number ported into our services or was it originally assigned to you through us? If it was ported in, there would not be a way to get it back ,as it was a lease on the phone number and would have been sent back to the original company that owned the number. If it was originally assigned through us, it may still be available to assign back to your account. I see you've already sent over a Private Message, so I'll follow up with you there. Thank you! 

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@XfinityStephanieK​ thank you we have had this number for 30+ years I was supposed to get a call from xfinity at 5pm but no one ever called

Problem Solver

• 

909 Messages

@gialvr I apoloigze for the lack of follow up that was promised, but we can definitely take a look at everything here on our end. Please follow up with me over Direct Message, with your full name and address, so I may further review with you.

- XfinityStephanieK

I no longer work for Comcast.

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Linda [Edited: "Personal Information"]. The old number I want back is [Edited: "Personal Information"]. Thank you

(edited)

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

I have the same issue.  I called Comcast today to move my service to my new home on August 9, 2023 and was told I needed a new number.  I am moving to the same town, same zip code around 2 miles away.  They are assigning me a phone number that is miles away from where I will be living.  The number I currently have was assigned to me my Comcast when I moved to my current address 3.5 years ago.  I don’t understand.  Are they trying to get us to move our current umber to a mobile so they can charge us more money??

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here