U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, September 27th, 2022 12:37 PM

Closed

landline not working

Landline not working; all I hear is a faint "fuzz". Phone itself is okay as well as my internet.

Official Employee

• 

746 Messages

2 years ago

Hi, thank you for reaching out to Xfinity Forums. I understand you are having home phone concerns. Have you troubleshot your modem and unplugged the phone? Has there been any weather issues in the area?

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityAshley​ 

I requested a new modem from xfinity today because the one port for a Phone was not working in the old one.  We have two separate phone lines in the house connected to the modem.  The new modem has one phone port open but the other one has a rubber piece I. It.  It says to use this port enroll the port.  Can I take out that little piece to plug the second phone jack in?

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

@Delane1 Hello! Thanks so much for choosing Xfinity, and commenting here on the Xfinity Forums. Yes, the new model XB6, XB7, and XB8 modems all have two telephone ports you can use. I also wanted to include this helpful link with more information about Xfinity modems and shows all models, so you can learn more details about yours. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

My land line was installed today and it is cutting out constanly

New Problem Solver

• 

617 Messages

We want to be sure your landline is working as it should be. 

Have you done any resets on the modem and phone base? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here