Z

Tuesday, November 7th, 2023 9:47 PM

Closed

Landline jack

All the landline traditional phone jacks worked with Fios. Now I switched to Comcast and none work. I've read all BruceW threads about simply plugging directly from modem, and using Y splitter. I have had 2 techs here (plus install so that's 3) and no one knows what to do. I need these jacks operational for medical devices in certain locations in house. Can anyone please help before I need to switch back to Fios? Thanks.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

11 months ago

Hello, @Zaleskb1. Thanks for reaching out to our Community Forums. Have you tried connecting a phone cord from your modem, to an open phone outlet/jack in your home? By connecting a phone cord from the Tel1 port on a Xfinity Gateway to an open phone outlet/jack dial tone should be sent to all the other phone jacks in the home. 

2 Messages

@XfinityMartyR​ 

Yes I've tried this...ive tried 3 different phone jacks...same problem.

All phone jacks worked a week ago with Fios. I'm not a fan of this problem.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Thanks for the additional information, @Zaleskb1. We can take a look at your Xfinity Voice service to ensure everything is configured correctly on our end. Please send us a direct message. 

To send a "Direct Message" message:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

10 months ago

I am at my parent's house (also xfinity voice customers).  I can NEVER get through to them anymore when I try calling them.  They appear to have similar problems.  Their answering machine also stopped picking up calls (connected to a wall jack).  I had to move the main phone away from a wall jack and connect directly to the modem.  I'm not sure what to do anymore.   I worry that their phone won't work in an emergency...

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello @user_h6rbps, Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your day to leave a post on our community forum. If you could send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you. To send a Direct Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a direct message.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here