JudyCl's profile

Contributor

• 

31 Messages

Thursday, February 8th, 2024 1:43 AM

Closed

Land Line Problems

I've had my land line for 10 years and it's never worked very well.  I called to cancel it today, but it turns out my bill will go up about $30 a month if I do that since I also have Xfinity cable and internet.  Is there a tech here who can help me?   The recurring issues are:  loud static on the line; incoming calls that don't ring and go straight to voice mail instead; and voice mail giving callers odd messages like "please enter your pass code" or saying it can't take a message at this time.  A new one is:  the phone rings, I answer it, there's no one there, and then later that call ends up in voice mail except there's only the very end of the caller's message.  Over the years I've been told someone could come out to the house but if the phone doesn't act up while they're here, it won't do any good.

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

7 months ago

You're welcome, @JudyCl! We want that working right! With it affecting all 3 phone jacks it seems like the cable that connects from the modem to the phone jacks may be having issues. I can't be certain of that but that is where my mind goes. Let's take this to our direct chat so I can run a diagnostic report and go from there. We may need to set up a visit from the sound of things. 

Please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the direct messaging icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

Contributor

• 

31 Messages

OK.  I did that.  Thanks.

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

7 months ago

Hello, @JudyCl! Thanks for reaching out about the phone line. We would be happy to help and have the ability to schedule a technician if we need to. Is your phone connected to the back of the modem or one of the phone jacks in the house? What troubleshooting steps have you tried already? 

Contributor

• 

31 Messages

@XfinityRay​  Thank you so much for replying!  My phones are corded and are connected to 3 different phone jacks in the house.  No troubleshooting steps since Comcast last ran a check and said nothing was wrong.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

2 months ago

@JudyCl

Thanks for reaching out to us and I'm glad we were able to resolve your concerns feel free to reach out to us anytime and thank you for being the best part of extremity

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here