StrahdOmega's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

14 Messages

Tuesday, October 24th, 2023 6:43 PM

Closed

Lan line

Most people are telling me that they are having a hard time hearing me when I am on my home phone. I have no trouble hearing them and my phone is working fine. I do not know how to trouble shoot this issue or if I can from my end. The only help I have seen online is to restart the modem. This problem has been going on for months and the modem has been restarted several times.

Thank you

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

11 months ago

Hey there, that could, and likely is the phone that you are actually using and not the gateway. How old is your handset?

Frequent Visitor

• 

14 Messages

I believe the handset is only 5 or 6 years old.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Yes it is likely the mic in your handset or the antenna that is causing the issue. Let us know if that works!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

11 months ago

That is fairly old. Do you have another handset you could try? I am confident that is the issue.

Frequent Visitor

• 

14 Messages

You think that even though I can hear everyone fine that it could still be the handset? I don't  have another one to try but I could buy one. I am sure they are not expensive. I will try that. Thank you for your help.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here