TheFman's profile

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Sunday, May 16th, 2021 11:28 AM

Closed

issue with splitters on phone

I just installed the new Gig Modem with phone service. For the phone service, I needed to use a splitter to connect the phone service, one going to my wireless phone and one going to the wired system. After a short period of time, the phone stop working. I remove the the splitter and connect the lines on at time and they work. Install the splitter again and stops working. I have used 3 different splitters all having the same problem. The lines when plugged by themselves work fine, using the splitter, i have problem.  Also, I never had this problem with my old modem. ONLY this new one

Problem Solver

• 

409 Messages

3 years ago

Thank you for bringing this to our attention through our Forums page, and thank you for your patience while awaiting our reply! I understand that you've been experiencing trouble with your Xfinity voice service, and it is no longer able to be connected, via a coaxial splitter. Rest assured; you're with the pros, and our Digital Care Team of corporate experts are here, every step of the way!

I'd like to perform some diagnostic tests on your modem, as well as send your Wireless Gateway some refresh signals, to clear up everything on the backend. To do so, can you please click on the chat icon, in the upper right hand corner of your screen? When you click on that icon, it should allow you to shoot me a private message. When sending this message, please include your full name, and address, if possible; thanks in advance!

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

I will no allow me to chat with you on forum. It can not find ComcastTylerJ.  Byway this modem has been refreshed a lot as I chatted with various comcast agenda

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Sorry, to be clear, the Chat button did not allow me to send you anything, When I typed you name in, it could not find you. Also to be clear. the phone line is working as long as I do not use the splitter. I was using the splitter so I can connect my wireless phone system base station to the modem as well as wired phone lines that run through the house. when each line is plugged in to the modem by itself they work. When I use the splitter, It works for about 5 seconds then stops

Problem Solver

• 

409 Messages

Oh, no! I'm so sorry it is not allowing you to send me a private message. It should allow you to do so, once you've selected "Xfinity Support". Thank you also, for all those details, regarding the steps that have been taken; super helpful! Does the "Xfinity Support" option pop up, when you click on that icon? Good morning, by the way! Hope all is well, aside from the technical trouble. :)

I no longer work for Comcast.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.2K Messages

@ComcastTylerJ  How does a private message to 'Xfinity Support' get directed to you?  Is there something a user has to do to make it so?   How would a user know you're online when they're ready to respond?  It's unfortunate that Private Messaging is disabled for Comcast Agents.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

Nope - it does not.  All it lets me do is chat with BOT girl who should be destroy. Totally useless system.  I am getting frustrated with Comcast that I can not get this fixed!!!

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

3 years ago

To send the requested information:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/peer-to-peer-chat
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
  •  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
  •  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window.
  • Press Enter to send it

See https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/email/cant-create-a-new-email-address/605e52b726aa974d63032d02?commentId=606107ea738c7f46a02b830e for an example.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Thanks- see what happens

Problem Solver

• 

1.4K Messages

I am sorry for the confusion. You would select Xfinity Support instead of a specific name and our system automatically routes you to the agent you were speaking to if they are available. You used to send messages directly to agents, but this recently changed when we upgraded our site. 

With the pone line concern, if you are able to connect directly into the modem and have it work, that tells us that the issue is with internal wiring, and not something our tech would fix. I would recommend having you reach out to an electrician to resolve this or see if you can swap the splitter. 

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

I do not agree. I have used three different splitters as well as trying both line independently in the modem. When the separate lines are plugged into the modem separately they work.  It only when I use the spiller do I have problems. Also, the system worked with my old modem. It only started when I switched modems.  Therefore I am not buying it is wiring problem. This wiring has not changed in 10 years. 

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

3 years ago

TheFman:  Did you ever get this resolved?  I am thinking of getting a new modem with voice for my xfinity internet and getting voip service but I know nothing about this.  I want to do exactly like you mention "to use a splitter to connect the phone service, one going to my wireless phone and one going to the wired system".  If you got yours working can you post your modem type and the splitter you are using?

Good luck.........

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Still working on it and may swap modems

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

Thanks...I hope things work out in your favor. 

Official Employee

• 

974 Messages

Hello, @, I am sorry to see you are still experiencing an issue with using your phone service while connected to a splitter. We certainly want to assist in getting to the bottom of this issue. If you can please send us a private message, I have outlined the steps in starting a private message with us. We hope to hear from you soon!

Here's the detailed steps to private message us: 

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

3 years ago

@TheFman wrote:

... connect the lines on at time and they work. Install the splitter again and stops working ...

Are you are using a splitter that has a plug molded into the body, like https://www.amazon.com/Uvital-Adapter-Splitter-Converter-Cordless/dp/B07K4Q14NM? These can be finicky, especially when used with a device like an all-in-one gateway, where the case or other components might prevent the plug from making good contact with the jack. They'll work with some devices, but not others.

You might try a splitter that has three jacks and connects with a separate cord, like https://www.amazon.com/Phone-Splitter-Telephone-Suitable-Machine/dp/B08RHY7RN8. These are compatible with a wider range of equipment.

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here