U

Wednesday, March 20th, 2024 6:37 PM

Installing an Analog Telephone Adapter

I have my own router and modem and am trying to install a Grandstream HT801 analog telephone adapter for my alarm system and an old wireless handset. The HT801 setup asks for the primary SIP server IP address. Can you tell me what this is? It also asks for the SIP user ID and password. Do I use my xfinity password for this? Thanks

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.8K Messages

5 months ago

... Grandstream HT801 analog telephone adapter ... primary SIP server IP ... SIP user ID and password ...this? Thanks

The information you are asking for would be supplied by your VOIP service provider. Comcast's VOIP phone service is a closed system which does not work with devices like the Grandstream, only with its rental gateway devices and some retail devices. These provide a standard modular telephone jack for an analog phone, and perform the necessary conversion between the phone's analog signals and the IP digital signals.

Devices like the HT801 are for use with other VOIP providers. Comcast's VOIP service does not support them.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

1 Message

I owned my Arrius modem and it had a VOIP jack and it worked fine with Xfinity.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

5 months ago

@user_ix8tkt

Hello was the information @BruceW prvided inHelpful in resolving your telephone issues

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here