U

Thursday, February 22nd, 2024 5:47 PM

Closed

I keep getting phantom voicemail alerts

I have contacted Xfinity many times and have dealt with over 10 different agents, all of whom say they have fixed the issue when it has not been fixed. I continue to receive voicemail alerts stating there is a voicemail for a service I do not use as I have my own answering machine. Can anyone help me?

Accepted Solution

6 Messages

4 months ago

I think that one of the advanced techs may have finally fixed this after a month of trying. I am supposed to hear back from them as to what was done. Once I have an answer, I will post the results to help any other user with the same problem.

Official Employee

• 

370 Messages

That is great! I love to hear when issues have been resolved. I look forward to your resolution post!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

6 Messages

As far as I can tell the problem has been fixed. While it took one month and many contacts with Xfinity, I think everything is working now. Kudos to Angie from Houston, who understood that the problem was definitely in the Xfinity software and not in my equipment. She was able to escalate it to the proper advance tech group and within 24 hours the problem was fixed. She is also the only person I dealt with at Xfinity who actually called me back with a progress report. No one else has contacted me about anything despite numerous promises to do so. As a result, I have no idea what was done to fix the problem, but at least there is a fix if anyone else has this problem in the future.

Official Employee

• 

550 Messages

We are so happy she was able to get everything resolved within the back end system for you, @user_z8fmt5! Please let us know if you have any further questions/concerns, we are happy to help anytime! 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

6 Messages

Accepted. All is now well and the phone is working properly 

Official Employee

• 

976 Messages

@user_z8fmt5 

Awesome I'm glad everything got resolved please enjoy the rest of your day

Official Employee

• 

370 Messages

4 months ago

Hello @user_z8fmt5! I apologize that you are experiencing issues with your voicemail service, and I'll be happy to look into this for you! Please send us a direct message with your first/last name and full address. You can start by clicking the "direct message" icon on the upper right page of the forum page. Once you click on that, input our shared handle "Xfinity Support" to send us a direct message. If you're signed in to your forums profile and because you have already posted to the public page, you should have the option to do so.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here