U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, October 7th, 2022 12:21 PM

Closed

I accidentally deleted the outgoing voicemail announcement that was my deceased father's voice. Can it be recovered?

Is there a way to recover deleted outgoing announcements on a landline? My mom has saved my dad's outgoing voicemail announcement since he died 3 years ago. It defaulted to the standard memo recently when the landline was repaired, but his voice was still on the system. I could listen to it as a saved announcement but there was no way to make it the active one (even after calling comcast). I was trying to figure out how to restore it today when I accidentally reset it and now his voice is nowhere on the system. My mom will be absolutely devastated. Is there any way to get it back? 

Problem Solver

• 

1.1K Messages

2 years ago

I am extremely sorry to hear about your loss @user_d5f22c. I can see how this would be important to you. You are able to recover deleted voicemails online. Here is a link that will show you how to do that: https://comca.st/3T8vinj. I hope this helps! 

If it does not show under that, sadly there is no way to get this recovered. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityKorie​ Thank you. I'm trying to recover the outgoing announcement, not a voicemail. Is that possible? 

Problem Solver

• 

1.1K Messages

2 years ago

Sadly, there is no option to recover that. 

Expert

• 

106.6K Messages

2 years ago

The concern is not "Xfinity Home Security / Devices And Equipment" help related. Thread moved here to the proper help section for assistance. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here