C

Monday, September 11th, 2023 12:22 AM

Closed

How can I pair a CAT-iq 2.0 compatible phone with the XB8 gateway?

The description of the XB8 gateway claims it's CAT-iq 2.0 compatible, i.e., one should be able to pair a CAT-iq 2.0 phone without a base station directly (wirelessly) to the XB8. However, I can't find any way in the admin panels of the XB8 that would allow me to accomplish this. Has this feature even been activated on the XB8?
Thanks for any hints.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

11 months ago

Hey there, you should be able to just plug it right in and not need to toggle on any setting. Have you tried setting it up already?

3 Messages

XfinityAnthonyT, see my new comment below as a reply.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.7K Messages

11 months ago

@XfinityAnthonyT wrote: "... you should be able to just plug it right in ..."

?

In a footnote, https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/broadband-gateways-userguides says:

*CAT-iq 2.0: Cordless Advanced Technology (CAT). CAT-iq 2.0 is a digital communication standard, used primarily for cordless phone systems. CAT-iq 2.0 handsets can be paired with the wireless gateway.

But nowhere does it say how to do this.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

(edited)

3 Messages

9 months ago

As BruceW wrote, the whole point of pairing a CAT-iq 2.0 (DECT) phone with the XB8 is to do it wirelessly. I am now running a very long telephone cable from the gateway (next to the cable connector) literally across the room to the telephone jack which in turn feeds into the wired telephone network in the house. One floor below, I have plugged in a CAT-iq 2.0 base station into a phone jack to feed three cordless phones throughout the house.
I was hoping this could be easier with the XB8 - but maybe not since it does not seem to be enabled. Hopefully, this will be activated in a future firmware update.

P.S. Thanks BruceW for your info on the difference between Replies and Comments. I indeed only saw your comment and reply by chance today. (I wasn't notified of either.)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here