U

Saturday, February 3rd, 2024 7:43 PM

Error when attempting to do Basic Call Forwarding on a landline phone

I tried to set up Basic Call Forwarding in Voicemail for my Xfinity landline phone.   When I did this I got the following error

"You cannot forward a telephone number beginning with the area code 925 "

Appreciate any help to get this problem resolved.

Thanks.

3 Messages

4 months ago

Yes I am having the same problem with call forwarding and advance call forwarding 

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Thanks for letting us know you are also unable to forward calls, @user_g1fzcp! Are you also trying to set up call forwarding through voicemail or are you going through your account settings to set up call forwarding?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

Did you resolve this issue? I am having the same problem.  Thank you

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

4 months ago

Greetings, @user_cikxio! I hope your week has been treating you well. Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your busy day to leave a post on our community forum. I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with call forwarding, but you have definitely come to the right place for assistance.

Are you trying to set up a new call forwarding number, or are you trying to activate one that was already set up?

3 Messages

I was trying to set up a new call forwarding number. This is the first time I tried to use call forwarding for this number. Hope that clarifies. Hope I get it solution.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thanks for confirming this for us, user_cikxio! How you forward calls depends on your Xfinity Voice subscription — in general, you can use your home phone or go online. Have you tried signing into the XFINITY voice call forward settings using your XFINITY ID and password to forward calls

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

3 Messages

Yes, I signed into voice call forward settings and that is where I saw the error message. 

Official Employee

• 

585 Messages

@user_cikxio, we would be happy to look into this error for you in further detail. Please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to get started.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message. 

3 Messages

4 months ago

Did you resolve this issue? I am having the same problem. Thank you

3 Messages

@user_wesilt

It took 3rd level technical support to fix it.  The fix was made just for my specific case (not sure how) but there were further technical issues with this problem that needed to be resolved and the issue was going to be further escalated.    

3 Messages

4 months ago

Thank you for your help!

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

user_wesilt If you still need help with the call forwarding, we are here to help. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here