U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, October 10th, 2021 8:00 PM

Closed

dropping landline calls

I have a set of 4 cordless phones with a base station that have been behaving well for nearly 4 years.  Over the past 3-4 weeks, there have been an increasing number of times that calls have been dropped - no warning, just disconnected.  Sometimes I could have long (>30 min) discussions no problem; other times I would get dropped within a few minutes so I would switch to using my cell phone.  I thought it was a problem with my handsets.    Today,  the connection dropped even before I could leave a message, and the 'phone 1' light on the router barely looks lit, so now I'm thinking it is xfinity and not my phone sets..

So far my Internet and TV/Cable seem unaffected.  What do I start to correct the phone?

Contributor

• 

317 Messages

3 years ago

Hello, @user_e34e32! Dropped calls are never fun to deal with and we can absolutely help you look into what's going on and how we can get things back on track! Have you done any troubleshooting with your modem like resetting it or restarting it?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityKaitlan   no, I hadn't reset/restarted.  The last time I did that, I recall problems with bring everything back on  (I have 'triple play') so I was leery of talking that step.  When I called in to Comcast today, I learned that 'maintenance' is planned for this evening that will "impact" me.  I decided to wait to see what happens, and maybe things will be ok.  If not, then I will be unplugging, waiting 10 seconds, and plugging things back in with my fingers crossed!  And calling Comcast/Xfinity if things don't work.  

Contributor

• 

317 Messages

Sounds like a plan, @user_e34e32! Please let us know if we can assist you further as well!

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Hello - I am having the same problem with constant dropped calls and contacted Comcast technical assistance twice without any solution -CR030461385 and CR03543793. Before this a technician came out to the house and we were charged $70 for him to push the reset button on our modem which did not resolve anything. I saved $70 each time I pushed the button myself. Another technician is coming to the house today and we have been assured by Comcast technical support that there will be no charge for this. We will see when we receive our next bill. I am hoping that this problem can be fixed as we need a landline at the house. Plan B is to switch to Verizon or another carrier.

Problem Solver

• 

546 Messages

@dadnick

Hello! Thank You for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity Support, here on the Community Forum. We will be happy to follow the process with you to be sure that your issue is resolved, and any promised credits occur. In order to locate and access your account, please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?

To send a "Direct Message" message:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here