Gnomedog's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, February 25th, 2020 7:00 PM

Closed

Dropped calls

switched to xfinty triple play last year.  Previously had ATT voip and internet, and switched for more bandwidth and speed. Numerous issues still unresolved.  Had service techs out, replaced lines, connectors, etc. Phone calls continue to drop regularly. I'll be speaking, and the other person will be unable to hear me, and say "hello" over and over, then hang up. I can hear them, but they cannot hear me.  Internet sometimes goes out every 20 minutes or so.  Very frustrating. The last tech who came out said it's tied to how much traffic is online at any given time, and when usage in the neighborhood peaks, service drops. This sounds bogus to me,.  ATT was slow, but reliable. Calling for help is an exercise in futility, and just makes me want to pull my hair out.  I have run all the troubleshooting stuff online.  I've got xFi 1, Cisco gateway. Appreciate any help.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Same issue with us. Started noticing dropped calls the last month or so. Replaced modem when internet was unresponsive one day but dropped calls persists usually after about 10 minutes but sometimes on shorter duration. Makes use of the land line for anything important worthless. Guess xfinity doesn’t care about this service anymore. Like I’d ever trust their wireless service.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Nomorobo was causing this on my line.  Disabled the forwarding and inbound calls no longer drop after 10 minutes.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

And here we go again. My landline phone was dropping calls in February of 2021 after 20 minute when talking. After complaining about it on this site out of the blue a I had an appointment to troubleshoot my system. Did move the main phone next to the modem. That worked until now. Reset modem didn't help. THIS SHOULD TAKE ABOUT THREE WEEKS 

TO FIX like last time. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here