Ms_Tessie's profile

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

Tuesday, May 2nd, 2023 10:49 PM

Closed

Does Netgear C7100V still work with Xfinity Voice?

I'm just getting around to adding Xfinity Voice and setting it up with a Netgear C7100V modem-router combo, which was one of the approved modem-router combos on Xfinity's list up until some point in April 2023. I see now as of May 1 that this device is no longer on the list, nor are the other following devices that were approved for use earlier in 2023: Netgear C7100V, Motorola MT7711, and ARRIS SVG2482AC.

As of May 2, it seems like the only modem-router combo for Xfinity Voice left is the Motorola MT8733 (aside from renting from Xfinity).

Does that mean that people who are currently using the Netgear C7100V modem-router combo are screwed and need to get another modem-router combo? And am I going to have problems if I use theNetgear C7100V modem-router combo now when I activiate Xfinity Voice?

I want to make Xfinity Voice work with the C7100V.

Please advise. Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Expert

• 

2.1K Messages

1 year ago

I’m still seeing the C7100V on the approved list. The thing is, if you have Xfinity Internet too, which I’m assuming you have since you’re talking about a combo modem/router gateway and voice unit, it would need to be compatible with your internet speed tier as well.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

@jweaver0312​ 

You mention "it would need to be compatible with your internet speed tier as well."  What UP/DOWN internet speed is required then?

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

Hi Sk00ter and jweaver0312:

Thanks for keeping the thread alive and for your reponses. In general, I went to this page to start my researchhttps://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/list-of-approved-cable-modems

Sk00ter, if you go to that page and click on the "My Device Info" link it will not only tell you want your current plan provides in terms of internet speeds, but also will let you (look on the left-hand side of page) filter through equipment results, for example if you're looking for "Voice/Telephone enabled" and "Built-in Wifi," which I was doing in early April to add Xfinity Voice and drop my expensive landline.  The Netgear C7100V used to show up on this page for me, and now it doesn't. 

jweaver0312's response prompted me to revisit the page. BEFORE you make any filter selections, but when you are just looking at the page with your account configuration info on the left (if you are logged into your account), you'll see at the bottom of the page two large square turquoise buttons, one on the left for getting help, and the one on the right for seeing ALL compatible devices. That link is https://assets.xfinity.com/assets/dotcom/projects/cix-4997_compatible-devices/CIX-4997_Full-List-of-Compatible-Devices.pdf

If you scroll past the "Recommended devices" on this page you'll see a full list of compatible devices, which includes the Netgear C7100V. Not sure why it's now so buried.

I will report back once I set up my Netgear C7100V, but that won't happen until third week of May because of my other priorities; my understanding is that porting the landline number over can take 3-5 business days to process. Good luck!

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

1 year ago

Hi again Ms_Tessie,

YOU WROTE:
"SK00TER, IF YOU GO TO THAT PAGE AND CLICK ON THE "MY DEVICE INFO" LINK IT WILL 
NOT ONLY TELL YOU WANT YOUR CURRENT PLAN PROVIDES IN TERMS OF INTERNET SPEEDS, 
BUT ALSO WILL LET YOU (LOOK ON THE LEFT-HAND SIDE OF PAGE) FILTER THROUGH 
EQUIPMENT RESULTS, FOR EXAMPLE IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR "VOICE/TELEPHONE ENABLED" 
AND "BUILT-IN WIFI," WHICH I WAS DOING IN EARLY APRIL TO ADD XFINITY VOICE AND 
DROP MY EXPENSIVE LANDLINE.  THE NETGEAR C7100V USED TO SHOW UP ON THIS PAGE FOR 
ME, AND NOW IT DOESN'T."

I am currently using a Netgear C7000v2 Cable Modem and WiFi Router.  Doing as 
you mention, if you go to MY DEVICE INFO" and DO NOT CHECK THE "Voice/Telephone 
Enabled" and "Built-in WiFi",  look above those two large square turquoise 
buttons and do you see a text link SHOW MORE DEVICES  ??  If I click that link a 
list of hardware comes up and it shows the C7100V.  Also, at the My Device Info 
page, if I CHECK the filters VOICE/Telephone enabled  and Built-in WiFi the 
C71000V shows up in the images/list on the right.

So try this,  Got to your MY DEVICE INFO page and look just above those two 
large square turquoise buttons and do you see a text link SHOW MORE DEVICES text 
link?  if So click it.

BTW the those two large square turquoise buttons on my end, the one on the left 
says GET HELP and the one on the right says Rent an xFi Gateway.  It does not 
say SEE ALL COMPATABLE DEVICES.  Its that text link about it(SHOW MORE DEVICES) 
that shows them to me.  And I don't see any link to the .pdf file of devices you 
posted.  I'm not sure where thats at.

What cable modem are you using now?  I am so  mad at my landline company ATT I 
want to dump them ASAP.  After you get yours going I would like to ask how you 
made the transition.  Specifically how you ported your current phone number to 
xfintiy voice. Did you have to call comcast and tell them to do it?

Here is my intentions.  I would change my service online(I just use internet now 
with xfinity) to include Voice.  So I would retain my internet and add the voice 
voip.  But if I do it online, then I guess I'll  have to call comcast to tell 
them to port my current number over?  Is that the procedure?

Keep my posted and stay in contact.

Sorry if I duplicated this message.  I find thus forum hard to negotiate.  Sometimes the editor buttons at the bottom of Reply or Comment do not show up, this I cannot type in the editor box.  These are not closed threads either. 

Problem Solver

• 

519 Messages

Sorry for the troubles. To review a list of supported modems please click https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/list-of-approved-cable-modems and let me know if they show up on your end @sk00ter

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

Yes they show up when I click the My Device Info link on that url XfinityLamont.  Thanks..

Problem Solver

• 

1.1K Messages

@sk00ter. You are very welcome! If there is anything else we can do for you don’t hesitate to reach out. We are here for you 24/7 for your convenience and peace of mind. Have a great day!

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here