ericbro's profile

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

Sunday, January 1st, 2023 6:56 PM

Closed

Comcast Outbound Landline Calls Drop on Our End After About 20 Seconds

hear them.  This is on every call.  Incoming calls are no problem.

Comcast has been out and suggested we plug the base unit of our wireless phones directly into the modem.  We have done that and it has not fixed it.  We have tried a different phone and it did not fixed it.  We have restarted the router and that did not fix it.  They are now blaming it on the fact that we have a non Comcast modem, which I do not believe is the problem.

Has anyone had a similar problem?

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

2 years ago

Hello @ericbro, and thank you for reaching out to us for assistance with your outbound calling. We would be happy to take a look into the problem with you, and see if we can assist you further. 

Can you send us a private message with your full name, name of account holder (if different), and service address?

To send a private message, please click the chat icon next to the bell in the upper right corner. Click the “notepad and pen” button. Send the full message to our shared support handle “Xfinity Support”. We look forward to hearing from you!

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

@XfinityEricB​ I have spent hours and hours on chat with Comcast and the problem is still not resolved.  So no, this is not an "accepted answer".  Still no solution.

Contributor

• 

127 Messages

Hello @ericbro like we mentioned in our previous comment, please send us a Direct Message if you need further assistance. 

I no longer work for Comcast. 

Contributor

• 

288 Messages

2 years ago

Have had this problem along with many other phone issues for over a year, techs were out at my house many times equipment changed cable from the street changed, they told me it was not a wiring issue in my house and the end results by their head technical person in my area was that it was an issue within their VOIP system.  It has never been fixed and continues to happen to this day along with other phone issue.  Got tired of spending so much of my time trying to fix their issue, I just live with it at this point.   If you do get a fix for it I would sure like to know what they did.

Contributor

• 

340 Messages

Hello @fedup978 this is not the experience we want for any of our customers. I'd like to work to resolve your phone issues right away. Please send us a DM with your full name and address. 

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

1 year ago

Just wondering if this weird issue has ever been resolved?  If so what was the solution.

(edited)

Contributor

• 

288 Messages

@sk00ter​ No it has not.  It is an intermittent issue and I never know when it will happen again , therefore they have a very difficult trying to fix/ resolve the issue.  The comcast VOIP service has never been good and their tech people have said it is an issue with the node that I am in.  I live with it.

Official Employee

• 

232 Messages

Hello, @ericbro. We would be happy to continue looking for a resolution for your service. I would hate for you to live with non-reliable service.

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?
To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there
 - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list
 - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here