TestStand's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, March 22nd, 2023 5:15 PM

Closed

Can't hang up until calling party hangs up

Here's a problem that I've had with my Xfinity Voice service for as long as I've had it.  If someone calls me, I cannot disconnect the call until the calling party hangs up.  If they don't hang up, then I cannot use the line.  If I hang up, my phone rings continuously until either I pick up again (at which point the call is still active), or the calling party hangs up.  The only way I can force the call to drop is to power cycle my cable modem.  I've just gone through a frustrating 30 minutes of having to unplug my house phones because it wouldn't stop ringing, and I couldn't reset the cable modem because I was in the middle of a Microsoft Teams conference.  

I've tried replacing all of the cable modem, my router, and my phones.  None of it makes any difference.  I've called the service line several times about this issue, and I can never seem to find the right words to get the service rep to understand what the problem is.  Any ideas?

Problem Solver

• 

322 Messages

1 year ago

@TestStand Hello, thanks for reaching out to us, sorry to hear that you are having trouble hanging up the telephone after a call. We can definitely look into this with you and help find a resolution. If you could please send a direct message with your name and complete service address, we can then assist. 

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3EqVMu7

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here