U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Oct 4, 2022 6:03 PM

Can not dial out - haave dial tone and can receive calls

When I try to dial out, the phone sends the DTMF tones and then goes to a (fast?) busy signal.  This only happens after a valid format for a phone number (*nn, nnnnnnnnnn or 1nnnnnnnnnn) other wise it eventually goes to an off hook signal.  Prior to 2/3 weeks ago service was good.  We have a dial tone and can receive telephone calls.  Internet service and cable both seem to be normal.

I have had 4 - agent chats - each of which lasted about an hour and two "tech" visits that each lasted about two hours (The "techs" were more interested in swapping cable than trying to understand the phone problem. The "techs" response was that the problem was in my equipment, even though everything has been swapped out.

I have requested several times that the issue be escalated, but no one has been able or willing to escalate the issue to someone who could resolve the problem.

I have had two different modems (Motorola MT8733) and 4 or 5 different user phone devices in place, all with the same issue.

I have a friend that works on phone and network systems who agrees with me that the "central system" is recognizing the DTMF tones and then going off into never-never land.  This would appear to be a  provisioning/configuration problem.  Where can I get some one who understands this problem to look at it?

Official Employee

• 

580 Messages

2 months ago

Hello @user_744e35, I can run some test here, and work on a resolution. We may need another tech visit so we can escalate this properly, but either way we will be here with you along the way. Send me a Private Message to get started. 

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

7 days ago

I have the same problem

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

6 days ago

The problem is due to a software update that comcast downloaded.  According to Motorola Networks, this is a "known problem" - according to the local service people there are numerous cases around here (the service people say it is a bad download).  I gave up and rented a box, since couldn't get any support from Comcast.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

6 days ago

Wow, thanks for the Information. I have gone round and round with Comcast. They say it's my equipment and my problem with Motorola. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here