VTTerri's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, May 21st, 2020 10:00 AM

Closed

Calls drop after 29 minutes

My mother has noticed that her VOIP calls drop after 29 minutes. We thought at first it was only when the two of us chatted, but it turns out it happens with everyone, local and long distance. I saw in another forum question that this has been a problem for others, but  there was no solution posted. Mom recently received a new modem, but this issue has been going on for months before that was replaced in January. 

Accepted Solution

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

One of our work from home agents was experiencing this issue. The issue was that there were two phone jacks on the modem. If the house phone were plugged into jack one, and the company phone was plugged into jack two, the connection dropped every 30 minutes (29 minutes and 30 seconds).

The technician installed a splitter in jack one. He connected the home phone and company phone into the splitter placed them in jack one. He didn't put anything into jack two. After installing the splitter, everything worked perfectly.

The technician said sometimes the second phone jack on the modem has connection issues.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I had a similar situation years ago in a commercial retail setting.   It turned out that it was the burglar alarm security system doing it's regular (every 30 minute) check of the phone line.  Do you have something similar?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Same here.  Why doesn't Xfinity answer this?  I've called the help center and both times they reassured me their "resetting" process fixed the problem.  But it still happens.  

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Just an update - Comcast replaced my Mom’s modem/wifi box and this no longer happens.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

This was happening to me for months, ever since I got a new modem from Xfinity. I also had lost the phone indicators that let me knowI had a message. I called Xfinity many times about this problem which was incredibly frustrating trying to reach an actual person. Whenever I finally reached someone, they never had a clue what to do. A technician came out and tried various ways to fix it, but it didn't work. I went down to their office and still no answers. Then I read one of the comments above and tried moving my house phone from the jack it was plugged into to the other phone jack on the modem. Thank you, everything was fixed! It is preposterous to me that Xfinity did not have a clue nor did they care about this issue. Months of dropped calls and no message indicators and no one figure out how nor put much energy into fixing it. I am going to switch to Sonic as I hear they have good customer service. Xfinity has the WORST service possible. I don't think they train their people well either. So thank you Kellhell1 for posting here!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here