U

Sunday, February 18th, 2024 6:53 PM

Closed

calling internationally

I haven't used my comcast phone landline to call international since I changed providers. I dialed 011-country code-the number and hear your call can't be connected. I read the "help" page on how to call overseas and I see it's stated to add 0 or 00 to the number. So where do I need to put them? Are they saying to dial 0011 instead of 011 or add the 0/00 somewhere else? Yes I'm older and it seems dumber with technology.

Official Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

8 months ago

@user_u97sxv  You would need to dial 011-country code-the number to make overseas calls. This link provides more information. If you are still experiencing issues making that call please send us a DM to Xfinity Support so we can further assist you.

To send a direct message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pen and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

(edited)

7 Messages

Well Xfinity spent time and was very responsive in trying to get the problem solved.  In the end it wasn't a problem caused by them. The number that was emailed to me from the friend; she's not young and which  I haven't talked to for many years, ended up having 2 numbers transpositioned. 04 should've been 40. I found one website with their number given as she was a beagle breeder and judge. I dialed the 40 given from that website and we got connected.  Yea!  Ok you can call me whatever you like; i can take it. *-)

Something to keep in mind if you have issues.  Make sure the number is correctly given to you.

Official Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

@user_u97sxv We want to thank you for reaching out on the Community Forum for support with your international calling issue. We are glad you were able to resolve your issue and that there was nothing seriously wrong with your service. Never hesitate to create another public post for any of your future account and service needs! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here